Thursday, October 21, 2010

Young Citizens, part II-- Walk on the Wild Side

So Mr. Jace promised us a field trip but first he took us to our Base Camp.  We got a whole camp all ours with tents 'n stuff 'n a fire ring 'n everything else you gotta have for campin'.  It's pretty cool,'n he promised we'd get to camp out there after our hike next weekend.  First I hadda get through all my homework for miss Nevy.  I done so much stuff about South America I spect there's gonna be a monkey livin in my bedroom soon.  I done my biome project on the cerrado. That's sorta this grassland near the rainforest 'n it's just as weird. But it went pretty good -- I ain't so great a builder, but ever'one liked my project anyhow.  Keirsten hadda run soccer practice that Friday too cause Miss Jill ain't get to be there.

Anyhow, so on Saturday, Mr. Jace took us to these big caverns.  They totally rocked.  We got there 'n stood around gettin ready to go in.  We's on this platform like a million feet high.  Half of us went with some lady chaperone 'n the other half I was in went with Mr. Jace.  Py was in my group, 'n Jayden 'n Daisy 'n some other folks.  We hadda walk down all these bridges into this giant cave that looked like a big ole demon.  We walked down the falls 'n we ain't see it til later but they was haunted by this lady ghost.  Then we hadda walk on all these narrow paths 'n down by this big river that looked like blood.  I ain't know if it really was, but Py said the plants growin there were meat eaters.  Since they were all way bigger'n me, we stayed pretty much away from em.  Just in case.  Jayden was all goin nuts, leapin 'n flippin around like crazy.  She climbed up all the way to the top of the cliffs 'n I figured that'ud be the end of her any second, but it ain't somehow.  I gotta hand it to her -- she got nerve even if she is straight up crazy.

So we go down these weeny log bridges 'n then over these real skinny tightrope wires.  Ain't I mention this school rocks?  It's a good thing my mom ain't there cause she'd of had a stroke 'n fell clean off em.  Thought I might myself, but I made it okay.  We went down on the river 'n then through this real creepy cave.  Cep when we come out the other side... well I figure we took a wrong turn somewhere cause it was like walkin out in Wonderland.  It was rainin flowers, the waterfall was purple 'n the trees were pink tie dye.  Turned out we'd stumbled into Woodstock, but Mr. Jace made us go back into the caves.  We met up with the other group 'n they said they saw dinosaurs 'n giant spiders.  So then Mr. Jace give us some time to go lookin round on our own.  Py 'n me went back up the trail.  I took my baseball bat just in case.  We saw the ghost in the waterfall 'n hiked up to the top of some other falls too.  We ain't see no giant spider but we went into this canyon 'n stumbled into a giant nest of cobras.  We got outta that 'n fell into a huge pile of spiders.  Maybe they ain't giant but they was plenty big enough for me.  After that I fell in the river 'n near to drowned.  We were gonna try to hike way up to this other tightrope bridge, but Mr. Jace called us back 'n said it was time to go back to base camp.  So we done that 'n had sandwiches 'n sodas.  Then we all sat around the bonfire while Mr. Jace tole us these real creepy stories.  It was way fun.  I hope he tells October in the Chair sometime -- that's one'a my favorites.  We was sposed to stay all night 'n sleep with our rice rally teams but everyone ended up goin home finally.  It was still the rockingest class I ever had though.

Oh, 'n red's winnin the rice rally right now.  Yeah red team!

Caverns collage

No comments:

Post a Comment